Friday, January 25, 2008

Pattern Rescue


Sharon posted the other day about this pattern website that I hadn’t heard of before, Pattern Rescue.

What a fabulous idea!!!! Pattern Rescue is dedicated to restoring and preserving vintage sewing patterns. You can order patterns from them for free with a donation for the shipping (very reasonable I think). I requested three from them & gave them a shipping donation the other day. I quickly received a friendly e-mail telling that all my patterns were available, would be shipped this weekend & thanking me for my donation.

I LOVE vintage patterns & often rescue them from thrift stores. I have ended up with a grab bags of patterns when I was really only interested in a couple of them. How can you pass up a bag of patterns for only a couple bucks???? When I get the chance I plan to send Pattern Rescue some of my rescues that I will probably never find a use for. Share the love you know. Also now I won’t feel so bad about picking up those little gems that I just couldn’t to pass up for .49 but then realize I will never use. I can just donate them to be recycled to someone who will. Great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I've probably got some old patterns of my Mum's that I could use again now.
Must check that out.

Sharon Sews said...

I hope this site catches on so they continue to offer the service. They were able to find two of the pattern covers I requested AND they sent me three of the patterns in the recycle area. I'm going to send them patterns because I too can not bear to see any old pattern tossed.

Renee said...

That is a fabulous idea, I jsut love it, I am going to check it out, I too just collect these and as you know my sewing well sucks. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!