Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thrifting......

Well after work Friday (which I am very sad say was my second to last Friday of getting off at noon. Bummer! Back to 2:30 in Sept.) I had to go across town to Tractor Supply for laying mash (chicken feed). Well perfect time to pop into a thrift store that I never get to go to. I am pretty glad that I did!

I found a couple treasures:



A pitcher & matching bowl. They look like Blue Ridge China, but actually they are by the Cash Family. I will probably sell this on Ebay. I really need to limit myself on my collecting. It is very cute though!

Then I found this creamer & 2 plates in this very popular pattern. I don’t thing that I will be keeping these either, but I bet I can find a good home for them. I thought the prices were too good to pass up. If there had been a sugar bowl too I would probably keep it.



That brings me to my reason for limiting my collecting (yeah right!) I LOVE cream & sugar sets. Some how I have started a collection of those. I am not sure how it happened, but I now find that I have sets that are not Fiesta or Blue Ridge.

For example these two that I recently picked up:





The melamine set for $1.29 & the Corelle set for $1.00. How can you pass that up!

So now I have more than 3 sets of cream & sugars so I have a collection, I think, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super finds! I can't believe how many of the blue/green leaf things are popping up all over the place. The melamine set is pretty nifty too.

Toms Recipes said...

Very nice bllog you have here