Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hair, oh Hair, how should I cut thee?

Ok so we are into September all already. How did that happen? Where in the world did the summer go? Fall is right around the corner.

For me that usually mean a hair cut. I am the worst about getting my hear cut, I put it off & forget until I can hardly stand it anymore because it is so frazzeled & knotty on the ends. I have board straight baby fine hair, but a lot of pieces of it hair, which is the only good thing it has going for it. Since moving to MI, I find that in the winter my hair is nothing but a huge ball of static & if I don’t get it cut shorter in the winter it will stay in a some form of a pony tail until spring. I have to blow dry it in the mornings or risk it freezing to my head on the way to the car so I figure that I might as well do something with it at the same time. I have a hair appointment on Monday & I have not even begun to think about what I will have her do.

So when I saw LLA’s comment on Autum’s blog about the “Hair Nazi” (I am still waiting to find out what that is all about) it hit me I need to figure out what fall cut will be this year before Monday! I always try to keep it at least long enough to pull most of it back for the days I run late or Sat mornings when I just am not going to do anything with it. As long as I can tuck it behind my ears for the most part I am happy. I can’t stand hair in my eyes. I wish I could! I say a blip about Jessica Simpson the other day on the smut news & she had the cutest bob cut, but I think that I would rip the hair from my head trying to deal with those bangs.

So I ask my blogging friends how in the world should I get my hair cut this year? I am open to pretty much anything & with any luck I will remember to schedule an appointment before I leave to have it cut in 4-6 weeks for maintenance instead of waiting until say Feb!

Here are a couple pictures to give you an idea of where it is at now. It’s sad that the only pictures I have access to at this moment we are dress up like a couple of loons! Oh well wait till Sat morning & we’ll look like this again!

Ok so Blogger is fighting with me & will not let me post pictures. Sooooo. My hair is about 1/3 of the way down my back at the moment & you can look at pictures here or here if you really want to see them. UGH!

3 comments:

LLA said...

I'll let Autum expain about the HairNazi - after all, it is her HairNazi, she should get to tell the story...

I saw Jessica on The View the other day (which was the first itme I had ever seen the show - still painting the#$@%&*! bathroom, and I toted a little portable TV in there to keep me from going completely mad, and it only gets one channel.) Her hair was kind of cute, but perhaps a little high maintenance? I'm totally loving on Sandra Bullock's new haircut for fall - I'll see if I can find you a link somewhere....

LLA said...

http://tinyurl.com/pdbzo

MéLisa said...

Ouuuu I love that! Hmmmmm that might be a possibility! Thanks LLA! You the bestest!