Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Hmmmph!

Isn't that the truth.

Well there has been no shopping, sewing or craftying going on around here. I am sick again & now John thinks that he sis getting it as well. Lovely! I have been sick more this winter than in my entire life! My mom & out mail lady both think that it is because of the stress.....Hmmmmmm they are probably right.

So with that I only have a little bit of babbling for you today.

First I got a great package from my partner Coloriffic Swap-o-rama - Feb '07 - Rec'd

Look how cute this little mailbox is that she made for me!
Coloriffic Swap-o-rama - Feb '07 - Rec'd

Other than that there hasn't been much going on around here. I almost got a dust cover that JOhn needed sewn up on Sun but I put the zipper in wrong. After I ripped it back out I felt so bad that I couldn't bare the thought of working on it any more. Maybe tonight seeing as I went home yesterday & totally crashed after dinner.

On the subject of sewing I have a problem. I need to know if there is any possible way that I might be able to fix this:
Burda Jan 2006 - ouups
Sorry about the crappy picture, but what you are looking at is a cut into the fabric on the one of the front pieces for a pair of pants. It is right at the bottom of the crotch curve. My sweet mom bless her heart was serging the edges for me when she was up & caught that piece when she came down the center front. She felt so bad that she cried! Poor thing! I felt really bad because it took me 2 1/2 hours to lay these out matching the plaid. I folded them up & haven't looked at them till I took this picture. I really want to be able to save them, but I don't have any more if the fabric & this was the last that the store had last year. If anyone as any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them.

3 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Oh rats! At least whatever fix you do will never show in that area. My suggestion is fusible interfacing on the wrong side and then machine darning stitches from the right side to secure it, using one or two thread colors to blend with the fabric. Or, if you have scraps left, maybe a gusset?

LLA said...

Sorry that you've been feeling under the weather lately - and I hope you're on the mend soon. I suspect that your mom (and the mail lady!) are right about stress being a big culprit...

Snuggle up and enjoy the contents of that fun (and darling) mailbox!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're sick! It's going around my house too. Ugh and ick.

LOVE the "M" mailbox! All of the items are darling!